Sunday, February 19, 2012

Someone Will Probably Die This Week

As if Winter Break and Spring Break were not enough, this week is Mid-Winter Break for the kids.  This means I'm at home with the 3 rugrats all week.  One thing I've realized throughout my whole SAHM experience is that distance truly does make the heart grow fonder.  This is the reason I'm back in school aggressively pursuing my new career in Nuclear Medicine- so I can once again become a working mom and actually miss my children while I'm at work.  Until then, I'm playing the role of domestic goddess, which mostly involves serving as the children's tutor, referee, entertainer, and all around slave.  This is why I relish the 1 day a week I get in which all 3 are in school, and I get to recharge.  Sadly, I'm not getting that day this week, thanks to the School District's decision that the kids need yet another break from school.  That's ok, though, because I plan to dope the kids up on Red Bull and Coffee next Monday morning, so I'll have my revenge.

I am also going back to work part-time as of this Thursday.  My schedule will be mostly weekends, which will allow me to still do mom stuff during the week, but I will miss out on a lot.  I'm not looking forward to that aspect of working again, but a part of me can't wait to again have an identity aside from being someone's mom.  And like my husband has been reminding me, it's only temporary until I get out of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment