Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

It's 9:30 a.m., and I've already been awake for 3 hours.  I blame my husband who decided to come into our bathroom at 6:45 and flip on every light he could, awakening myself and my 2 bedmates.  Surprisingly Sophie was the only on in her own bed last night; it was the older 2 bunking with me.  Vic is milking the arm thing, and Trev...I don't know what his reason was, but I was too tired to argue last night.  I'm just as exhausted today, so I see a nap in my near future.  Anyway, the big kids had to wait about an hour for Sophie to wake up, and then we gave them their baskets.  The Easter Bunny was super generous this year, and everyone got an Ipod Shuffle.  She knew how annoyed I was fighting with all of them over my own Ipod, so she decided to get them each one, even the baby, despite Mr. Easter Bunny's protests.

Last night we did a night time Easter egg hunt, an idea I got from Pinterest, natch.  It was super awesome, and I think I enjoyed it just as much as the kids did, because it was so pretty.  Oh, and I must say that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to put those little glow bracelets inside the eggs, but the hubs was quite helpful with that.  The key is to tie them in knots.  I also taped the eggs, so they wouldn't bust open, and you must get JUMBO eggs, not the bitty ones.

I think it's been a pretty good Easter so far, especially considering at this time last year, the big kids had already been banned from the egg hunt, and everyone pouted for the rest of the day,  It's still early, though.

 The girls planted "magic" jellybeans yesterday.





























This is what grew from the magic jellybeans.

1 comment:

  1. The eggs look fantastic! I totally would decorate with them every day of the year if they would stay glowy. Looks like everyone had fun...with the exception of one toddler, but I just assume that's her usual camera shyness. :)

    ReplyDelete